A growing Lorain Manufacturer is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to join their team. This is a full-time, first shift position. If you have 2+ years in shipping and receiving, are able to operate a lift truck and power hand tools, can consistently lift over 40 pounds and want to work for a great company, we want to talk with you!
Shipping and Receiving Clerks take delivery of incoming shipments of products, organize merchandise for delivery, and perform necessary steps in E2 to keep records regarding these transactions.
- Authenticate receipt of shipments alongside bills of lading, packing slips.
- Record shortages and identify damaged merchandise. Take photos.
- Take parts requiring inspection to the QC department if necessary.
- Route items to the proper departments or stocking location.
- Compare the identification numbers of items and the quantity against the order and enter this information in E2.
- Assemble the proper size and number of shipping containers
- Insert merchandise into containers with proper packing material.
- Decide the method of shipment, by means of knowledge of shipping procedures, customer preference or route and rates.
- Create packing slip and bill of lading in E2.
- Attach identifying information and delivery instructions on containers.
- Post weight and shipment charges.
- Arrange for delivery service pickup, LTL carrier or truckload carrier.
- Organize records of goods shipped. Trace missing or lost shipments if needed
- Must be able to operate a lift truck
- 2+ years of shipping and receiving experience
- ERP experience preferred (E2)
- Must be able to operate power equipment (i.e. saws, nail guns, banding equipment, etc.)
- Be able to handle full ½’’ x 4’ x 8’ sheets of OSB
- Must be physically able to lift 40lbs. consistently, with the occasional 70lbs.
Compensation & Benefits:
$12.00 per hour
401k with company match – Paid Vacation & Holidays – Medical Benefits & More
For immediate consideration, please send resume to email@example.com
Lighthouse HR Group is a local, family-owned HR consulting firm. We assist small to mid-sized companies with various HR functions such as recruiting, training, payroll, and compliance. We are by no means a ‘temp service’. All of our positions are direct or 90 day temp-hire. We take pride in the quality of, not only our candidates, but our positions as well. Our motto here at Lighthouse HR is that if we wouldn’t send our family to work there, we won’t send you or yours there either.