A mid-sized CNC shop in Lorain has an immediate opening for a cost estimator. This is a first shift position and will require knowledge of all phases of job shop machining. Computer skills are necessary. Engineering background is important, along with an understanding machining principles.
- Assist customer in defining their problems, make material recommendations and provide solutions.
- Gather all necessary information from the customer to provide a complete and accurate scope of work description to the appropriate department
- Develop complete manufacturing and assembly cost estimates for new customer projects, based on the specifications, drawings provided by the customer.
- Create within the ERP system comprehensive manufacturing workflow instructions including bill of materials, step by step workstation routing, set-up and cycle times to generate quantity driven pricing.
- Prepare cost estimates and quotations from the examination of engineering drawings on current and proposed component designs.
- Mechanical or manufacturing engineering experience
- 3+ years of manufacturing cost estimating experience preferred
- ERP experience preferred (E2, Job Boss)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be a pro-active, self-starter who is flexible and possesses exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Must practice exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Familiarity with CNC machining including milling, turning, boring, grinding and sawing
Compensation & Benefits:
$45,000 - $50,000 per year, based on experience
401k with company match – Paid Vacation & Holidays – Medical Benefits & More
For immediate consideration, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lighthouse HR Group is a local, family-owned HR consulting firm. We assist small to mid-sized companies with various HR functions such as recruiting, training, payroll, and compliance. We are by no means a ‘temp service’. All of our positions are direct or 90 day temp-hire. We take pride in the quality of, not only our candidates, but our positions as well. Our motto here at Lighthouse HR is that if we wouldn't send our family to work there, we won’t send you or yours there either.